My friend from my last post is okay now. We thank God oh
The lovely blessing who has been smiling since 2011 and the fabulous EDJ who enjoys watching teen shows gave me this wonderful award. Thanks for acknowledging me.
7 things about bsnc
I have a twin sister duh like everybody does not know that already lol. Okay lemme try this again. 7 things about me, there is so much about me though okay let’s see.
1. I am half Nigerian. My dad is the Nigerian so I grew up and did almost everything in Nigeria. My mum sometimes cooks her people’s food and tells me a little about her culture every now and then. Since I came to Yankee, I have met a lot of people from her country and learnt more about her culture in the process. Nevertheless I consider myself a Nigerian chic any time of the day. Thus the name brownskinaijachic (bsnc) . See I rep.
2. I love music. I really love music. Any type of music; r&b, pop, rap, country, Nigerian, Christmas, Christian, jazz, rock and rock, oldies, opera, soft rock…. The only music I think I can’t tolerate is gogo music ( except “ mambo sauce – welcome to dc” ) . I love music so much I make reference to it with almost everything I do. Most of you must have noticed it form my post or comments.
3. I love to smile and I enjoy laughing. People always tell me I have a playful spirit. When I get too serious it gives a headache lol.
4. I used to be a spoilt child. My dad never allowed his girls do anything (being just two girls in the family). It was so bad, my dad used to get upset with my mum when she stresses us too much. Who would believe I would turn out like this ( the miss independent neyo was talking about or so I think lol )
5. I haven’t told anybody this before, but when my dad passed away, I was praying and hoping I would die in my sleep in the first couple of days. I guessed God has a better plan for me and I am really glad I’m still alive. I have family and friends who loves me and of course God Almighty. What I learnt from that experience is I may not have a father on earth, but I definitely have a father in heaven. He has proved it in more ways than one. Still miss my old man though.
6. I am a shy person, but when you get to know me I gradually open up. Apart from my family, I try not to get too attached to people or things. ( TRY )
7. I enjoy cooking. Even though I know I am a good cook, I still love when people compliment my cooking.
I think everybody has been tagged.
Have a lovely month folks. I will be gone for a while, but i will try to check in once in a while.
Friday, January 21, 2011
My friend from my last post is okay now. We thank God oh
Posted by BSNC at 6:15 PM
Monday, January 17, 2011
Hey people. Hope your 2011 is great. I am slowly feeling the year. I know from my last post I said this year is just okay. It’s not that bad. I really appreciate the feedback I got from my last post. You guyz are amazing. You really gave me something to think about.
This was a really tough decision. Like I said earlier on, I know it’s none of my business and normally I would mind my business, but this is a 2011 decision ( lol like the year has anything to do with it). I read each of your comments more than once and 48% of you suggested I should tell them while the other 48% suggested I should mind my business. The remaining 4 % wanted to see a picture (you are so on your own lol)
I thought about it for a while and I thought to myself if I were in their shoes I would want to know. I told them about it. Yes I did. Like I said it’s a 2011 decision and there is a saying that goes “the only thing constant in this world is change” and another one goes
“If we want to change the situation, we first have to change ourselves. And to change ourselves effectively, we first have to change our perceptions”. - Stephen R. Covey
See me drinking panadol for another man’s headache. Anyways I told them. Chic A is an outgoing person. She goes to almost every party ( she is a party rider, her fav quote is lets go there lol). I guess that is where she met her bf and I like I said from my last post. She has never been committed to one guy; she told me once that she never believes in putting all her eggs in one basket cos anything can happen. Her reaction when I told was, It’s no big deal. In her words “this things happen it’s not like a guy has not cheated on me before. She was glad I told her because she was actually getting serious with the guy. They have been going out for almost a year and she was really invested in the guy more than her the guys on the side. She also said they were both doing the same thing. She is just having fun. ( no harm no foul abi). Boy was I relieved. I could actually breathe a little. She actually thanked me and told me I was a friend she could count on. ( pheww thank you lord) That was easy..
Now chic B. Okay let me give you guyz a brief history of her. She can be outgoing, but like me she is kind of reserved and shy (believe it or not I am a shy person, but don’t mess with me oh lol). I have known her for a year plus now (compared to chic A who I met in 2008) since then we have become close. She is the direct opposite of chic A. She goes out with one guy at a time. She seems quiet, but when you get to know her she opens up to you. Her reaction when I broke the news to her. At first, she did not believe me. I wasn’t surprised and I didn’t push it ( before person use vex slap me) I let the information sink in and she asked me how I knew. I told her everything told you guyz from my last post. She goes maybe chic A is just a friend. I told her again and called a friend to confirm it. I did not tell her that the guy preferred the other chic oh. (I can’t give someone LOVEATTACK). To try and cut the long story short. She did not take the news well. I told her the news a few days ago and she hasn’t called me since then. I tried calling her, left several text messages. I mean it’s not like someone died now haba. I know people take news differently, but she has been going out with the guy for couple of months now. I feel bad that I am the bearer of bad news, but sometimes they say truth hurts and people need to hear it.
Chic B left a message for me this morning. She said she said she spoke to her boyfriend about it. He did not deny it neither did he apologize for his actions (again I wasn’t surprised). It’s better now than when she gets too serious with the guy. Imagine see how she is taking the news now what of if…… I don’t want to even think about it. She said she will call me later. I am hoping she feels better now. I know she is heartbroken. ( like the script – breakeven).
There are times you mind your business and let people find out things for themselves and there are times you just have to say something. I hope I did the right thing sha. I almost lost one ( like jay z’s song- lost one). I am tempted to send chic B this song by cee lo green- forget you..
I spoke the VSNC. She is doing great. She love her new town and of course she misses me dearly lol.( she get choice). The important thing is that she is fine. I don’t know if you guyz remember my dog, Mercedes. I did a whole post on him, well he died. I can’t believe I would go to naija and not see that dog again.
Have a lovely week people. I will see you guyz soon, I think I have some more gist to spare before…
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Hey beautiful ones. How have you guyz been. I know I am kind of late, but it’s still January so Happy 2011. Welcome to a new decade and a new month. Hope you guyz had fun during the holiday. I know some of you are still in the holiday zone.
This New Year did not start well for me; I worked before and through the New Year and i added 32 more hours to my work schedule. Yup no break for me , I am so tired and school hasn’t even started. This is going to be a tough year for me. I am praying and hoping for the best though
VSNC moved to another state cos of school. If I say I miss her it’s an understatement. As my friend will say she will move to her husband’s house one day and what will I do then, absolutely nothing lol. This year has been playing me film trick, but it’s all good. I guess everything will turn out for the best eventually. To say the least this year has not been my favorite so far. The year just started sha I still have 300 days plus to go. Anything can happen, I might get married, I might win the lottery, I might move to another country…. who knows what 2011 has in store for me.
I need advice people. I have these two friends I am close to. A introduced me to her boyfriend last year. She said they have been going out for a year now. The guy was really down to earth and really funny. Anybody who knows me, know how much I love to laugh, so I liked the guy instantly. I met the guy and my friend together in two other occasions last year. Then this year B ( my other friend) has been talking about this guy she really liked. She said they have been going out for about 6 months now. She introduced him to me this year. Yup it was the same guy and he recognized me. He didn’t even hide it. I spoke to the guy the other day about it and he said he really liked both girls, but he is feeling A more than B for now. He doesn’t want to break up with either of them because they both have qualities he likes (hyena, you can’t eat your cake and have it, in his case he is enjoying it too much hissss ). These girls really liked the guy although A has some other guys on the side, but she insists that she is feeling the boy. Now I know three of them and I don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings, but I feel obligated to tell my friends. If they find out that I knew about it how will they feel? . Mind you these babes do not know each other. One thing I have learnt from my brothers is that when it comes to matters like this, always mind your business. I don’t know jare. What do you guyz think?
Posted by BSNC at 8:55 PM